- Plan and begin bike ride across the US of A.
- Start cakestruction blog with Ingrid.
- Swim for sport.
- Set foot on the Appalachian trail.
- Go to Charlottesville with Joshua.
- Try at least 15 new restaurants in DC.
- Give YOGA another chance.
- Significantly refresh and improve my French. Then spend an afternoon speaking only French with my mom.
- Become comfortable with public speaking.
- Go Running in Vermont with VT Shaws.
- Begin Composting.
- Properly train for a half marathon and run it, comfortably, in under two hours.
- Create custom title/header for my blog.
- Survey my friends on the best coffee in DC. Drink a large cup from there. And savor it.
- Ride a century with my dad.
- Go somewhere new with Joyce and Nicole.
- Take at least three writing workshop courses and develop theme/plan/vision for my book.
- Complete comprehensive, streamlined Operations Manual for Fund Development department at GSCNC.
- Go to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert.
- Create and eat a complete meal with foods only picked, killed, or scavenged by me and a sous-chef. Dad?
- Convince Nathan to run Somerset 8k with me.
- Rock climb outdoors (with a harness and stuff).
- Learn to use Adobe video editor. Take more videos.
- Become much more handy. Especially with bicycle maintenance.
- Swim in the Pacific Ocean.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
25 Before 25
I have been working on a list of 25 things to do before I turn 25 and it is harder than I thought it would be. At first I included things that I’ve done before but want to do again. But I tailored those so that everything on this list is a new challenge. I am scared of how fast time flies but I am excited for all that is ahead. I truly look forward to being twenty-five, I think it will be a great age and I expect to be ready for new adventures. But, as my dad always advised, I will not wish my life away. I will live in the moment, while also planning for the future, and I will try my hardest to accomplish these twenty five “to-do”s in the measly fifty-one weeks ahead.